Des nouvelles de Mission X
- mer, 11/20/2013 - 02:47 – heathermacrae
Derbyshire teachers are set to get involved in Mission X as part of a county wide space programme led by Yvonne Wright. 25 teachers found out about how they can boldly go forward to take Mission X into the classroom. Lucky students and teachers will also be taking their space passports to Star City this coming year. Check out the Mission X Flags, Astro Charlie and is that Darth Vader joining our group of astronaut trainers.
- mar, 11/19/2013 - 17:22 – Ian Christie
VSSEC is helping schools in Australia and particularly in Victoria become involved in Mission X. One of the supports we are offering teachers is a template for students’ mission logs. Students in the rest of the world are more than welcome to use this and modify it to suit themselves. We have also produced a very short quick guide for teachers with a very basic description of each activity. We are using this primarily to aid the discussion with teachers who are considering the program. I have put the two documents on Dropbox. Click on these links to download a copy:-
Student’s Mission Log
- jeu, 11/14/2013 - 04:59 – tomoe.saruwatari
昨年度も日本からエントリーした横浜市立永谷小学校チームです。 2013年は6年生が一生懸命にがんばって取り組んでいましたが、今年はそうした先輩たちの思いを引き継いで、5年生が挑戦します!!! 先週、JAXAから連絡がきたので、一足先に「光のスピード」のトレーニングを体験してみました。
It is Nagaya elementary school team that entered it from Japan last year. The fifth grader challenged though the sixth-year student worked holding out hard in 2013. Because the report had come from JAXA last week, the training of "Speed of light" was experienced a little early.
Everybody in Austria, Italy, England, and the United States. Thank you for the message last year works hard both this year!!!
- jeu, 11/07/2013 - 00:39 – taiba
- mar, 11/05/2013 - 16:24 – heathermacrae
Team UK is delighted that schools in Wales will be taking part in Mission X 2014. We had a great turnout of teachers at our Mission X briefing at Techniquest Cardiff thanks to Paul Roche and his team! And the Mission X materials will soon be available in Welsh! Astro Charlie has been busy today as he met the Welsh dragon!
- mer, 10/23/2013 - 11:44 – Tim Vigorito
The weather has been beautiful here in New England and Team USA Sharon is getting ready for the Mission X 2014 challenge.The late fall season also means that our future astronauts are wrapping up their fall fitness assessments, and preparations will soon be underway for the launch of Mission X 2014 with our US and international friends.. We can't wait!!!
We have also had some of our students participate in a favorite after-school activity, "Space Camp", where the kids build, design and launch water bottle rockets. With the launch of the Orion EFT1 less than a year away, we are very excited to try out our own Orion vehicles-stay tuned for more information!!!!!!!!
Best Wishes to all of our friends on board the ISS, both now and with next month's upcoming mission!!!
We welcome our returning participating nations and we look forward to working with more new partners for the upcoming year!
Go Astro Charlie!
Go Mission X!!!!
- mar, 10/01/2013 - 01:05 – heathermacrae
Students from across the North West of England are training for space rugby union style with Sale Sharks at the Salford City Stadium on October 3 2013. Over 180 children from 7 schools will find out about Missionx Xtremes and have a chance to meet leading scientist Dr. Helen Mason from the University of Cambridge, Mike Brown from Siemens and take part in some fun fitness activities with the Salford City Reds Foundation. The day is led by the Royal Aeronautical Society and has been supported by a galaxy of partners including Salford City Council. The day is timed to coincide with the World Space Week celebrations. Look out for more pictures and posts about the day.
- lun, 09/23/2013 - 14:36 – cristinaolivotto
Wat is nieuw in 2014?
- Meer dan 25 deelnemende landen, nieuwe deelnemers zijn Australië, Chili, Roemenië, Kazakhstan en Ierland;
- Naast een trainingsdag voor leerkrachten meer begeleidende video’s online en de mogelijkheid tot direct skype of telefoon contact met NASA;
- Nieuwe ruimtevaartactiviteiten specifiek voor de Nederlandse deelnemers;
- Een verbetering van de internationale website om het gebruik ervan nog makkelijker te maken;
- Nieuwe e-badges voor contact via Skype met andere deelnemende landen en penvrienden;
- Een geweldig openingsevenement in samenwerking met één van de andere deelnemende ruimtevaartorganisaties en Europese astronauten;
- Een forum voor leerkrachten van alle Mission X landen;
- Meer prachtige prijzen voor in de gymzaal of in de klas;
- Een internationale Mission X sluitingsceremonie in één van de deelnemende landen.
- lun, 06/24/2013 - 08:57 – hannahgarrett
On 12 June, Mission X students got the chance to spin their teacher!
Students from 3 Mission X schools, Kingswinford in Dudley, Northbury in Barking and Dagenham and Mountfitchet Mathematics and Computing College in Essex, completed their Mission X programme at QinetiQ's long-arm human centrifuge facility.
Mission X students found out how astronauts train for launch and landing in the centrifuge, made famous in the James Bond Moonraker film. Students also had the opportunity to meet space tourist, Per Wimmer, to discuss his astronaut training and to take part in some Mission X exercises. Finally the Royal Aeronautical Society Library gave a presentation on spaceflight over the years.
Several brave teachers then participated in the centrifuge experience, with their health and performance monitored by their students.
- sam, 06/22/2013 - 05:58 – cristinaolivotto
- jeu, 06/20/2013 - 08:12 – milanhalousek
- jeu, 06/06/2013 - 03:32 – cristinaolivotto
- lun, 05/20/2013 - 20:12 – maría.angélicapineda
CON ORGULLO PODEMOS DECIR: "MISIÓN CUMPLIDA".
EL EQUIPO ASTRO-CARTAGENA DE LA CIUDAD DE FACATATIVÁ OBTUVO EL PRIMER LUGAR EN PUBLICACIONES Y ESTAMOS FELICES POR ESTE RECONOCIMIENTO.
GRACIAS A DIOS, A LOS ORGANIZADORES Y A CADA UNO DE LOS INTEGRANTES DEL EQUIPO.
MARÍA ANGÉLICA PINEDA SILVA
- dim, 05/19/2013 - 15:52 – heathermacrae
Tim Peake has sent congratulations to all the schools who have completed Mission X. Certificates, flags and mission patches are on their way to schools who have completed their mission debrief. Check out Tim Peake with Mission X Mascot Astro Charlie. From the evaluations so far meeting Tim has clearly been one of the highlights of MX2013.
- jeu, 05/16/2013 - 23:57 – heathermacrae
Well done Eastlea Community School on hosting a landing day for hundreds of children from neighbouring schools! Rocket making. Space cooking, space dances, and visits to the planetarium provided a great finale! Look forward to seeing some photos. Jeremy Curtis from UK Space Agency was on hand to present certificates!
- jeu, 05/02/2013 - 06:20 – milanhalousek
- mer, 05/01/2013 - 14:55 – magpin.lopez
LOS ESTUDIANTES DEL CLUB DE ASTRONOMIA DEL COLEGIO PRACTICARON CON ESTUSIAMO "VOLTERETAS"
ASÍ HEMOS TERMINADO EL CICLO DE ACTIVIDADES SUGERIDAS POR LA NASA "COMO LOS ASTRONAUTAS" CON DISCIPLINA Y COMPROMISO. CON CONOCIMIENTOS DE "CIENCIA " COMO VITAMINAS, ALIMENTOS, HIDRATACIÓN, GRAVEDAD, ESTACION ESPACIAL, ASTRONAUTAS Y "PRACTICAS FÍSICAS" PARA FORTALECER CORAZÓN, MUSCULOS EN GENERAL, PULMONES, HUESOS, EXTREMIDADES, ORIENTACION, EQUILIBRIO, COORDINACION .
GRACIAS NASA, IGAC, CCE !!!!