How can I formulate a balanced meal?
- Make an emulsification from a fast food meal
- Evaluate the invisible fat content of the fast food meal
- Make observations of NASA Astronaut menus to determine if they are having a balanced meal in space
- Per group (4-5 students per group):
- food guide pyramid
- stirring spoon
- fast food cheeseburger
- fast food French fries
- nutrition label of a cheeseburger and fresh fries
- Per class:
- cooker (or microwave oven)
- Pre-lesson Preparation (1 day before delivery):
- Secure an appropriate number of cheeseburger and French fries from a fast food restaurant
- Secure the use of a microwave or cooker, refrigerator and freezer
- Copy enough food guide pyramids for one per group
- You may find a nutrition facts label on the fast food meal packaging or by searching the web with the key words “cheeseburger nutrition facts” and “French fries nutrition facts”
Your Mission Playing sports requires teamwork and preparation. Teammates...
Your MissionMicrobiologists have found that microbes can live just...
Your MissionDuring and after space flight, astronauts have challenges...
Your MissionLet’s HIIT the space gym and get ready...
Your MissionIn the microgravity environment of the International Space...
Your MissionIf astronauts are going to settle on the...
Your Mission Space explorers in a far future might...
Your MissionAstronauts living on the International Space Station need...