- discover relationships between the length of a robotic arm and the level of difficulty to grab objects
- investigate importance of hinges in arm function
- collaborate in designing an arm
- test various materials for grippers end effectors
- compare and modify designs based on how well they meet performance criteria and constraints
- Robotic Arm:
- 96 popsicle sticks
- 24 erasers or sponge pieces
- 12 sets of chopsticks
- 12 pairs of tweezers
- 12 storage bins
- 12 ping-pong balls
- cotter pins
- hole punch or awl (leather punch)
- End effector:
- styrofoam or paper cups (2 per end effector)
- 12-cm pieces of string (3 per end effector)
- cellophane tape
- plastic picnic knives (serrated)
- straw or lollipop (1 per end effector)
Your MissionWhen exploring space, astronauts complete many physical tasks....
Your MissionAccumulate a total of 42 km (26.2 mi)...
Your MissionIn the microgravity environment of the International Space...
Your MissionAs astronauts travel to the moon, Mars, and...
Your MissionDuring a spacewalks, astronauts need some serious dexterity...
Your MissionHow tall are you? Are you sure you...
Your Mission Space explorers in a far future might...
Your MissionAll the things we take for granted on...