- discover relationships between the length of a robotic arm and the level of difficulty to grab objects
- investigate importance of hinges in arm function
- collaborate in designing an arm
- test various materials for grippers end effectors
- compare and modify designs based on how well they meet performance criteria and constraints
- Robotic Arm:
- 96 popsicle sticks
- 24 erasers or sponge pieces
- 12 sets of chopsticks
- 12 pairs of tweezers
- 12 storage bins
- 12 ping-pong balls
- cotter pins
- hole punch or awl (leather punch)
- End effector:
- styrofoam or paper cups (2 per end effector)
- 12-cm pieces of string (3 per end effector)
- cellophane tape
- plastic picnic knives (serrated)
- straw or lollipop (1 per end effector)
Your MissionAstronauts in space must be able to twist,...
Your MissionDuring and after space flight, astronauts have challenges...
Your MissionLet’s HIIT the space gym and get ready...
Your MissionVenus is the most volcanic planet in our...
Your MissionIn microgravity, astronauts love to perform spectacular somersaults....
Your Mission Playing sports requires teamwork and preparation. Teammates...
Your MissionIf astronauts are going to settle on the...
Your MissionHow tall are you? Are you sure you...