When astronauts go into space and return to Earth, they experience challenges with balance and body control due to changes in gravity. The agility course is used to measure balance, footwork skill and agility in response to gravity changes.
In this activity, your team will complete an agility course as quickly and as accurately as possible to improve agility, coordination and speed.
Balance, Agility, Spatial Awareness, Laterality, Directionality
- complete an agility course as quickly and as accurately as possible to improve movement skills, coordination, and speed
- record observations about improvements in agility during this physical experience in the Mission Journal
- Eight marking cones, or other small, steady objects
- Measuring tape or meter stick
- Paper and pencil
- Watch or stopwatch
- (Optional) Swimming noodles
- For students: Mission Journal and pencil
15-30 minutes per class