- Investigate the importance of staying hydrated, proper hydration methods, and learn to identify signs of dehydration
- Understand the role hydration plays in keeping the body healthy
- Identify hydration levels by creating simulated urine
- Per class:
- Computer with Internet access for teacher use
- Library access
- One LCD projector or overhead projector
- One water bottle picture
- 2-3 bandanas
- Urine color chart
- Per group (3-4 students per group):
- One poster board or chart paper
- One set of Markers
- Two computers with internet access
- One Hydration/Dehydration chart or poster
- Four clear plastic cups
- One disposable 8 inch plate
- Two toothpicks
- One small bottle of Yellow, Red and Green food coloring
- One Urine hydration color chart
- One set of Hydration cards
- Per student:
- Hydration Student Section
- Hydrate the Astronaut
- Urine hydration color chart
Your MissionVenus is the most volcanic planet in our...
Your MissionFor astronauts, all their food and drink needs...
Your MissionOn Earth, your weight on your bones provides...
Your MissionSince our bodies are made up of 50...
Your MissionFood is one of the most important parts...
Your MissionMicrobiologists have found that microbes can live just...
Your MissionIn preparation for space travel, astronauts invest many...
Your MissionTo help out in space, scientists have designed...