- Investigate the importance of staying hydrated, proper hydration methods, and learn to identify signs of dehydration
- Understand the role hydration plays in keeping the body healthy
- Identify hydration levels by creating simulated urine
- Per class:
- Computer with Internet access for teacher use
- Library access
- One LCD projector or overhead projector
- One water bottle picture
- 2-3 bandanas
- Urine color chart
- Per group (3-4 students per group):
- One poster board or chart paper
- One set of Markers
- Two computers with internet access
- One Hydration/Dehydration chart or poster
- Four clear plastic cups
- One disposable 8 inch plate
- Two toothpicks
- One small bottle of Yellow, Red and Green food coloring
- One Urine hydration color chart
- One set of Hydration cards
- Per student:
- Hydration Student Section
- Hydrate the Astronaut
- Urine hydration color chart
Your MissionAccumulate a total of 42 km (26.2 mi)...
Your Mission Playing sports requires teamwork and preparation. Teammates...
Your MissionDid you know that jumping might be a...
Your MissionIn a reduced gravity environment, muscles and bones...
Your MissionIn a near future, it is expected that...
Your MissionWhen exploring space, astronauts complete many physical tasks....
Your MissionAstronauts must perform physical tasks in space that...
Your MissionWhen astronauts go into space and return to...