How can I formulate a balanced meal?
- Make an emulsification from a fast food meal
- Evaluate the invisible fat content of the fast food meal
- Make observations of NASA Astronaut menus to determine if they are having a balanced meal in space
- Per group (4-5 students per group):
- food guide pyramid
- stirring spoon
- fast food cheeseburger
- fast food French fries
- nutrition label of a cheeseburger and fresh fries
- Per class:
- cooker (or microwave oven)
- Pre-lesson Preparation (1 day before delivery):
- Secure an appropriate number of cheeseburger and French fries from a fast food restaurant
- Secure the use of a microwave or cooker, refrigerator and freezer
- Copy enough food guide pyramids for one per group
- You may find a nutrition facts label on the fast food meal packaging or by searching the web with the key words “cheeseburger nutrition facts” and “French fries nutrition facts”
Astronauts in space must be able to twist, bend,...
In preparation for space travel, astronauts invest many hours...
Join ESA astronaut, Samantha Cristoforetti and Jaime from Cosmic...
In the microgravity environment of the International Space Station...
In microgravity, astronauts love to perform spectacular somersaults. Here...
To help out in space, scientists have designed and...
Astronauts need brains and brawn! Using your coordination, endurance...
When astronauts go into space and return to Earth,...